"Ashley's gift" 16x20, oil on canvas

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Four pieces of back-logged work:

"Catastrophe", 30x24"  oil on canvas

"Looking up out of spite", 34x30"  oil on canvas

"Perseids Over Silverado", 24x30" oil on canvas 
"Three Moons", 24x30"  oil on canvas


I've been meaning to shoot my recent work for sometime now. It's come to a point where the work isn't really recent at all. However, as the purpose of this blog is to build a visual log or portfolio both for myself and anyone who cares to follow my work, I figure it's high time to get the work up and out of the dusty corner it's been occupying and put it to some use. Many of these works haven't had eyes lain on them at all for quite a few months and I'm rather pleased that a few seem to have matured well. I may continue work on some but they are all at least at a stage where I'm comfortable showing them. One of these four pieces has already left my hands for greener pastures in which case I'm glad I took the time to document it when I did months ago. It's a good argument for documenting my work even in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment